Adventure Sports Magazine® is North America's premier adventure racing and multi-sport publication. Chock-full of in-depth features, profiles and race reports, insightful gear reviews and invigorating photography, it's the outdoor adventure athlete's monthly guide to multi-sport racing and beyond.
Each month ASM brings to life the fastest growing sport in the US and Canada, and we're the only magazine to do so. Unlike any other publications, Adventure Sports covers the lifestyle and many activities of the multi-tasking outdoor endurance athlete. From traill running, mountain biking and paddling to climbing, rappelling, mountaineering and orienteering, Adventure Sports provides readers with inspiration and preparation for adventure training, racing and travel. We also cover off-road triathlon, endurance mountain biking, endurance kayaking, snowshoe racing, and other off-road endurance pursits
Adventure Sports® covers adventure racing, multi-sport racing and adventure sports in general. Adventure Sports provides readers with valuable insight, information and news about racing, trends and upcoming events, race features and athlete profiles, plus the latest and greatest gear, training techniques and travel destinations.
Monthly Department will include:
• Editor's note - An insightful essay from the Editor
• Letters - Letters from our readers provide an opportunity to voice opinions about the magazine, the sport and the race community
• Starting Lines - Starting Lines is the front-of-the-book digest section that includes various bits of news, humor, rumor, and other interesting shorts. Here we present trends in adventure sports, showcase upcoming races, and profile interesting racers and teams.
• Features - Features vary from in depth profiles of endurance athletes, to insightful race stories, to beginner's guides in various sports and multi-sport previews for the year.
• Training and Technique - This section incorporates stories that instruct readers on how to improve their skills, training, nutrition and bodywork as it relates to adventure racing and other endurance sports.
• Getaways - Getaways is a destination travel and training article that focuses on doing a particular activity (or several) in a specific must-go-to destination. Getaways locations we have highlighted in the past include: Oahu, Hawaii, and Acadia National Park, Maine.
• Gear Box - In Gear Box, the latest and greatest gear, apparel and accessories for multi-sport training and racing is reviewed. Review topics might be something as basic as Adventure Racing packs, or it might be a themed subject such as Gear for Night Racing. Also included in each issue's Gear Box section will be Schwag Bag, a page of brief reviews of a variety of new gear.
• Event Calendar - Racers rely on Adventure Sports® for the most up-to-date race directory anywhere in print and online.